Join the team
The Art Director utilizes their concepting and design skills to develop ideas and works with writers, designers, and other team members to obtain exceptional results. The Art Director usually manages a team of one or more designers. Reports to Creative Director.
Oversees creation of artwork and ensures excellence in quality and brand compliance. Works collaboratively with Copywriters to develop exceptional on-strategy creative concepts.
- Develops concepts and collaborates with copywriters consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
- Produces art layouts by developing art concepts and providing work direction to staff.
- The AD must also be able to work productively and harmoniously as a teammate with copywriters and producers who share responsibility on a given product or service.
- Works closely with account executives to schedule and monitor all projects.
- Collaborates and coordinates with external services as necessary for execution of creative materials.
- Trains, assigns, schedules, and coaches employees.
- Presents creative materials to clients.
- Works with account and creative teams to adhere to schedules and budgets.
- Coordinates design staff absence from office with the Creative Director and team.
- Remains current on industry trends and technology, including an awareness of digital media and evolving online platforms.
- Ensures creative and graphic standards have been maintained in all work unless specifically granted a waiver.
- Works with account and creative teams to provide accurate time estimates for each tactic.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks, as directed by Creative Director.
- Develops an understanding of the products and services of assigned brands.
- Creating work from start-to-finish that’s executionally flawless and on brand.
- Participates in and contributes to the new business activities of the agency, as assigned.
- Maintains accurate timesheets that are completed by required deadlines.
- Adheres to internal processes for routing and approval